October 21, 2009

Putting Some Pep In My Step

I woke up on this crisp, fall Wednesday in October and made up my mind that I would have a good day. Attitude is definitely a state of mind and I realize that I choose how and what mood/'tude I'll take the moment I wake up.

And ya know what?

It really was as simple as that. My mood hasn't dampened (despite still being sick with a sinus cold), my spirits are high (sitting outside in the park during lunch helped) and my feet haven't hurt once today despite having worn heels. I realized my good mood enhancers were so simple I had to share. Wanna hear about 'em?

Here they go:

1. Putting on dark red lipstick-it makes me feel instantly dressed up

2. Wearing a dress - it is hands down the most no brainer solution to the question: what do I wear today?

3. Rocking high heels - anything that makes your legs look better is a plus

4. Sipping perfectly brewed cafecito with the right amount of creamer - even better when someone else makes it for you

5. Shutting out the world via my ipod in favor of classic dancehall - 'nuff said.

6. Hot showers - bad for your skin but an awesome way to wake up

7. Feeling sun shine on my face-it's got vitamins and is good for ya too

8. Crossing items off my work 'to do' list-because it means they won't be there to do the next day!

9. Art - words, pictures, sounds, doesn't matter. Any art will do.

10. Realizing that the work day has FLOWN by and it's almost time to go home! =)

No comments: