November 27, 2007

Mi Accion de Gracias




After all the eating is done, the crumbs are cleared and antacid has calmed your stomach, it's time to get back to the biz of just dealing with the holidays season. The hustle, the bustle, the enormity of it all which seems to engulf you and make you forget why you're hustling and bustling to begin with. I don't think you ever get just one day to be thankful and since I didn't say it aloud on the actual day (to everyone who needed to hear/see it), here is it:

Thanks to my ancestors in whose paths I walk
Thanks to my family for simply being
Thanks to my friends who deal with my insanity and love me anyways
Thanks to my colleagues and coworkers who deal with my insanity and like me (most of the time) anyways
Thanks to the Almighty who has allowed me more time. There is no more taking it for granted.
Thanks to my big bro' whose sage words and humor in dealing with it all, which allow me to get by and not feel bad about it.
Thanks to my spirits and guardians who carry me when I'm not able to walk.
Thanks to those listening for my breath, my gifts and my ability to put both to use daily.
Thanks and blessings to all of my mamitas who brought new life and continue to make it (Sandra, Quipus, Cass, Mercedes, Aixa, Lori, Patti, Manny, and any I've forgotten)
Thanks to you all for reading. If I ever needed motivation to put words on pages (virtual or tangible) it's knowing that someone is looking and digesting what I'm saying and thinking.

Paz

No comments: